Check out the latest server media and come play - New updates and content are live!Latest Server Media
Welcome to Simplicity
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My thoughts on ECO RESET

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Jefferygods

Jefferygods

Abyssal Demon (level: 124)

• Completionist

• rsps
  • 144 posts
  • Time Online: 8d 5h 39m 40s

Eco reset

Advantage-

• It helps out the server with it's eco.
  • Helps out the poor/new people so it will be fair for them
  • Restores the prices to a stable price
  • Overall have a healty eco

Disadvantage-

• People will leave the server - this isn't good as player counts are very low
  • People would have wasted their time
  • Long time players who are rich will quit and new players will quit.

There are many more reasons for eco reset, but many players dont like eco reset as it will get rid of all their hard work in earning some money.

IRONMANS

Eco reset is completely unfair on ironmans (speaking as one), Ironmans don't affect the eco as they get all their items legitly and by themselves, they really put items in the cycle.

Especially as an ironman who have spent over 800+ hours on the game grinding for items and getting them as drops, this eco reset pisses me off as it would make my ironman useless.

Refunding donation points

This is a bad idea as it would make everything in the donation shops useless as people with hundreds of points will buy them out.

This will most likely cause a massive influx in nex sets, hybrid sets, vine whips, bps and other high value items which causes the eco to crash and make these items cheap.

Other

Many people will say that if ironmans keep their items they will just drop trade it to normal accounts. Lemme just say getting drops on ironmans are hard and valuable. I doubt any ironmans would drop their valuable items like nex sets or tridents etc to a normal account to get a head start. Also these high value items will be in the game already due to donation points being refunded.

I want the D J and Ajw to think about this eco reset carefully and think about how they want this to go. This could easily destroy the server.

But this may be good for the server as if advertisments come in (as promised) new players will come and they will have a equal chance to start so it can attract lots of new players but if that fails then the server will be dead.

Thanks for reading this, Jefferygods

Please go vote on the poll on Irony's thread!

https://simplicity-p...oblemsthoughts/

A suggestion to keep ironmans from "ruining" the fresh eco, their accounts could be disabled for the first few weeks or so.

Edited by Jefferygods, 20 April 2017 - 11:58 AM.

• Infamous and Sparc blac like this

No respect for Ironmans who donates!

Posted Image

Simpleman

Simpleman

Hill Giant (level: 28)

• Members
  • rsps
  • 28 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 6h 10m 20s
My main concern is how this is going to help the server in the long run. Unless the drop rates or value of things in DP store are adjusted, I don't see how this is a long term solution.

Between dungeoneering, pest control, and the boss point store, it's not difficult for new players to get decent items.

Also, I totally agree with your opinions on Ironmen - just make it so any ironmen accounts that keep their bank can't turn their accounts into normal ones, or it'd defeat the purpose. If I could do that, then there's no way my ironman could possibly affect the eco.

And if they are dead set on doing it, I wish they'd go ahead and do it before double xp starts, not in the middle of it.

Oii

Oii

• Completionist

• rsps
  • 125 posts
  • Username(s):Oi
  • Clan:Solo
  • Time Online: 6d 3h 8m 32s

Why everyone is creating new threads to express their opinion? is it hard to keep discusion in one topic? 

More or less, i kinda agree with your statments, but i still think, that for normal players eco reset is needed. as for e.g. some players have "fair hard worked" 100b, 200b 80b, etc with dozens of rares in additional, i think these guys should be wiped out at least as if moderators do not ban them for making stuff in dirty ways.... 

Talking about Ironmen - totally agree with your fair opinion

Hello world! Have fun!

Cow

Cow

• Ironman

• rsps
  • 293 posts
  • Username(s):Coww, Cow Skiller
  • Clan:Help
  • Time Online: 14d 6h 15m 48s

My main concern is that the plural of man is men not mans

• Nealth, Infamous, Distinction and 1 other like this

Posted Image

Infamous

Infamous

• Ironman

• rsps
  • 132 posts
  • Username(s):Infamous
  • Time Online: 6d 7h 40m 51s
An eco reset is never a long term solution. Sure, it will stabilize the prices slightly for the time being, but even without people duping/smuggling, those who gamble and wind up with massive banks by doing so will eventually land us back to where we are right now. It's only a matter of time.

The only realistic way to fix this issue is to increase the player count. The more players there are, the more evenly the donor items will be distributed. The only reason our economy is the way it is now is because we lose over half of our player base due to nothing being done to the server.

At this point, as much as it sucks for everyone I feel like the eco reset should be done (though I don't think it should have the same effect on ironmen as everyone else), but if it is done then this can only be a one time thing. The developers need to follow through on what they say they will do, beause them not doing so is a big reason for people leaving prior to the reset. Zulrah's probably the biggest issue that this server has had with regard to it not being released on time (considering it's what, nearly 2 months over due?). It hasn't bothered me in particular, but it's caused a lot of issues. This eco reset can, and likely is to be only step one of the fix. Advertisements and updates need to follow it. If not then the server will die out like every other server has in this position. This needs to be well thought through, because a bandaid solution like this won't fix the server on its own.

detective.jpg

-Infamous-

-Clue-

Simpleman

Simpleman

• Members
  • rsps
  • 28 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 6h 10m 20s

Zulrah's probably the biggest issue that this server has had with regard to it not being released on time 

Screw Zulrah, what happened to the coin orb that was announced on Sunday as coming out "tomorrow"? I was way more excited about that.

Cow

Cow

• Ironman

• rsps
  • 293 posts
  • Username(s):Coww, Cow Skiller
  • Time Online: 14d 6h 15m 48s

But in all seriousness, here's something I feel really needs to be said no matter how unpopular it is.

Spoiler

• Winning, Nealth, Bbwlover and 2 others like this

Posted Image

Oii

Oii

• Completionist

• rsps
  • 125 posts
  • Username(s):Oi
  • Clan:Solo
  • Time Online: 6d 3h 8m 32s

But in all seriousness, here's something I feel really needs to be said no matter how unpopular it is.

Spoiler

Totally agree Mr. Cow. Illiteracy is destroying server, not eco reset :)

Hello world! Have fun!

haantje30

haantje30

King Black Dragon (level: 276)

• Ex-Staff

• rsps
  • 314 posts
  • Username(s):Haantje30
  • Clan:The Oldies
  • Time Online: 22d 2h 30m 8s

Why everyone is creating new threads to express their opinion? is it hard to keep discusion in one topic? 

More or less, i kinda agree with your statments, but i still think, that for normal players eco reset is needed. as for e.g. some players have "fair hard worked" 100b, 200b 80b, etc with dozens of rares in additional, i think these guys should be wiped out at least as if moderators do not ban them for making stuff in dirty ways.... 

Talking about Ironmen - totally agree with your fair opinion

Why should people with big banks be wiped  out? This is the biggest bs on this topic I've heard so far. Ban them? For? Gambling? That's laughable, it's in the game for a reason and a big reason why people come to rsps in the first place.

Posted Image

Jefferygods

Jefferygods

• Completionist

• rsps
  • 144 posts
  • Time Online: 8d 5h 39m 40s
Sorry but English is not my first language -_-

No respect for Ironmans who donates!

Posted Image

willus

willus

Administrator

• Administrator

• rsps
  • 233 posts
  • Username(s):Willus, William, Airjordan
  • Time Online: 15d 2h 12m 57s

Why should people with big banks be wiped  out? This is the biggest bs on this topic I've heard so far. Ban them? For? Gambling? That's laughable, it's in the game for a reason and a big reason why people come to rsps in the first place.

More like jealousy. People work hard for their stuff and you get people that either want to be like them or want to see the big boys lose everything.

haantje30

haantje30

King Black Dragon (level: 276)

• Ex-Staff

• rsps
  • 314 posts
  • Username(s):Haantje30
  • Clan:The Oldies
  • Time Online: 22d 2h 30m 8s

More like jealousy. People work hard for their stuff and you get people that either want to be like them or want to see the big boys lose everything.

Agreed, 100% brother, we're gonna grind the living shit outta simplicity again and make b0nk. Let's try to get shah, client, ayy and melviin back... the big 6 returns hahhahahaha

• siploe likes this
Posted Image

siploe

siploe

Ruby Donator

• Ruby Donator

• rsps
  • 551 posts
  • Time Online: 17d 13h 46m 44s
Like sippy say " can't have everything in this world" just pick your feet up grind again XD

giphy.gif

zakk

zakk

Revenant Imp (level: 91)

• Ruby Donator

• rsps
  • 97 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 16h 34m 40s

players come and go

the reset is needed

i'm a rich player and i couldn't care less about my items

I am glad we are restarting

there's no problem with the donation point refund

the items will be worth grinding for and the player base will increase as everyone starts over

gogeta

gogeta

• Diamond Donator

• rsps
  • 33 posts
  • Time Online: 1d 6h 43m 50s

players come and go

the reset is needed

i'm a rich player and i couldn't care less about my items

I am glad we are restarting

there's no problem with the donation point refund

the items will be worth grinding for and the player base will increase as everyone starts over

I totally agree with u here man! i couldnt tell it better myself.

b6ajxd.jpg

72tw0h.jpg

2ahcyoh.jpg

Magic Mushie

Magic Mushie

Noob (level: 3)

• Members
  • rsps
  • 2 posts
  • Time Online: 1h 42m 47s

Yeah, I agree with this lets just hope it works out alright and we don't loose too many players. :unsure:

Cosmos

Cosmos

Rock Crab (level: 13)

• Members
  • rsps
  • 17 posts
  • Time Online: 22h 33m 40s
Support but I NEVER signed up for a few weeks with my account disabled.. so F*** that Jeff Iron men ruining eco shouldn't even be a f**king concern.. There are 3-4 main iron men with loot good enough to drop trade.. as Normal players / people are getting Donation points back (some in the 1000's) Iron men have no impact at all.. We just have to accept that owners DGAF about us, Staff can't do anything except support Owners, Players hate us as they don't see how hard it is to be an iron man on this server especially when you haven't donated. Zakk will use all his Donation points to be rich again so F**k his imput And most people are just S**t C**ts who grammar Nazi all day long... oh and then there's siploe..

Rob Pk

Rob Pk

Moss Giant (level: 51)

• Maxed

• rsps
  • 60 posts
  • Time Online: 1d 13h 3m 1s

its happening :) cant wait for the grind back :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pker Omg

Pker Omg

Banned

• Banned

• rsps
  • 219 posts
Yes

axiioo.png

Wild4killz

Wild4killz

Rock Crab (level: 13)

• Ruby Donator

• rsps
  • 14 posts
  • Username(s):Wild4killz
  • Clan:Danger
  • Time Online: 8h 37m 38s

Spoiler

lol, too funny cow.

Posted Image
Sorry, i saw an opening that just screamed 'ATTACK', so i did, ha! | Power up to win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users